Just for today...

Just for today, I will be grateful. I will accept my blessings.
Just for today, I will live my own truth. I will be at peace.I will not anger.
Just for today, I will live each moment and value my place in creation. I will not worry. I will trust.
Just for today, I will live my life with integrity. I will do my work honestly.
Just for today, I will honor each person to have his or her own truth. I will be tolerant. I will honor parents, teachers, and elders. I will be kind to every living thing. I will respect life.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Reiki is Simple in Las Vegas

Reiki is simple, but so often practitioners complicate the simple process with ritual or exacting demands.
Does it really matter if I use all of the hand gestures? Will I get better results if the client wears a specific color? Should I hold my tongue a specific way? Do I need more expensive crystals?
These and many more are questions that my students have asked over the years. I can honestly say that some of the best Reiki sessions I have given or received, have been the simplest. Do the extras help? Sometimes, but are they necessary? That answer is not so simple.
I think the best answer is to trust intuition. Don't let your ego get in the way and go back to the basics when in doubt.
This is not brain surgery, but at the time you are using Reiki for anyone, it may be important to let the energy do the tough stuff and remain passive in the process. Sometimes, it's fun to try new techniques or tools. Sometimes you may want to use a specific piece of rose quartz or other complimentary therapy, but remember this is REIKI.
Reiki is simple. Hands on, Reiki on. Hands off, Reiki off. Simple.
Nameste
LV Reiki Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment